Wednesday, July 05, 2006


I figure this is as good a time as any to start my running blog. So here goes...



The first thing I need to do it flash back to why I started running again. Which will take us back to January 9th, 1997. The day Rebeccah was born. Which by the way is 1.9.97 I always thought that was cool! Rebeccah is my oldest daughter and she is quite a handful (that's her and her older brother Nate). When she was old enough to understand that smoking was bad for you she began to tell me that I should quit smoking. As most of us "smokers" would say, "I know and I will". Well after many years and 2 more kids of this she finally came up with a plan. We would spend one whole day together, that way I would not smoke, at least for that day. Well, I was so touched by this that I quit that day (April 2nd).
Since I was smoke free I figured why not get in shape too. So on May 1st I started running. If you can call it that. I couldn't even run 1 mile! So the next day I did what any sane person would do, I signed up to run in a marathon! I went to a Team in Training information meeting and was so impressed that I signed up then and there. On the ride home I began to wonder what I got myself into as my legs were aching from the night before. What I got was an experience that has changed my life.
Not only am I getting myself into shape, I am raising money to help find a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma, how cool is that!
Fast forward to today and I am actually doing it. With the help of Rebeccah, who by the way is my running partner, she rides her bike and I run, the miles are rolling by. Just this past Saturday I ran 8 miles, a new distance record. In the upcoming weeks I will update my progress and also introduce you to the rest of my family as well as the extended "training" family that continues to grow.

Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home