Monday, July 17, 2006



Monday, Monday...



As I may have told a lot of you already, I was in the middle of posting on Friday about how God has funny little ways of showing us things, when a truck knocked over a telephone poll and all of the power went out!!! I think that's enough said on that subject. Now onto new things...

I went out to Stoney Creek for our Team in Training group run on Saturday and even though it was early in the day, man it was hot! Was it 10 or 12 miles that the Freep runners were supposed to do?!?!? I ran 10 miles (new longest run ever) and took the rest of the weekend off. For the first time I was really dehydrated and my arms and legs got that "tingly" feeling to them. On the way home I stopped at Hanson's and bought a water belt, some GU and a watch! It's a strange feeling running 10 miles for the first time. All of the people I spoke to this weekend about my run all said the same thing..." I can't imagine running that far." You know what? I would have said the same thing as little as a month ago! And without the support of people like Tim and Margarita, and coaches Janet & Ken I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Life comes at you pretty fast and sometimes you need to slow down to see that. For reasons that I probably will never know, I slowed down enough to see that I needed to change the way I was living. Of all the times my daughter asked me to quit smoking why this time? Why did TNT pop into my head one day at the computer? Why decide on the Nike instead of the Freep? All I know is there is more at work here than just me and I am very thankful. I am looking forward to all of the experiences, good and bad, that lie ahead of me until October when I break the tape!!!

Have a great day!!!

Bob

Interesting fact of the day...

The deepest hole ever made in the world is in Texas. It is as deep as 20 empire state buildings but only 3 inches wide.

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Bob, I know what you mean about slowing down. I have to occasionally catch myself and ask the same thing. You are doing an awesome job and I'm sure your daughter will really appreciate what you're doing in the years to come.

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Ken,
I should have mentioned you in post, sorry! If not for you I never would have started this blog! Thanks!!!

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Great post. That tingly feeling can be scary the first time, but the next time that you get it at least you know you are wokring hard. Keep blogging and running!

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

bob! thanks for the shoutout. honestly, it goes both ways. you inspire us too. ten miles is a heck of a lot of running. savor each milestone. it gets better because it gets longer. you won't believe what your body and mind can do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home