Tuesday, March 20, 2007

300...
So I went to see what all the hullabaloo was about on Saturday with my wife. First time we have gone out in a very long time, without the kids anyway. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Visually it was one of the best movies I have seen in quite sometime. Considering it was shot totally in studio in front of blue screen, my hat goes off to the film makers. Battle sequences were very stylized with a lot of slow motion, which I tend to dislike. It worked for me in this case however. I could have done without the droplets of blood floating around, but all in all it was well done. My only criticism would be of the dialogue. A few times I caught myself saying, they would never say that. Or they didn't even know what that is. If you are on the fence I would suggest seeing it. Overall rating A-
Now on to the running portion of this blog!!! Oh one more observation, where do they find so many guys with 6 pack Abs? Every guy in that movie was ripped, even the old ones like me. Made me feel very lazy!!
Yesterday, Monday was one of those days when running just didn't fit into my schedule. Up at 6am for work, out at 5pm, home for dinner, then bath time for the little ones. By the time I had an opportunity to run it was 8:30, but I told myself I needed to run so off to the fitness center I go. On the way there I realize why it was easier to train in the summer. It was a real DUH moment, I just stepped outside and ran in the summer. I really think I need to get some winter running gear for next year. I just don't have time to drive 20 minutes to the gym!!!
But to the gym I went and hit the quick start button at 9:35pm As usual the first mile sucked bad, but I found a rhythm and settled in for a quick, for me, 3 miles. Is it me or do you feel better after a run that you didn't want to do. I can't count the number of times I had to force myself to run and felt soooo much better afterwards!!
9 weeks and 4 days until Bayshore....made hotel reservations yesterday, registered for the race a week or so and maybe, just maybe I should start training in earnest sometime soon!!!


R.P.D.

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia. Author Unknown

6 Comments:

At 1:00 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

If we were able to afford professional trainers that kick out butts every day like the actors get we could have 6 pack abs also. But that may have been all computer generated also? Good luck with your training.

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

LOL!!! I never thought about that..computer generated Abs!! What a concept.
Maybe when I become independently wealthy I'll have the time??? Until then...I'll have to settle on the mini keg around my waist!!!

 
At 11:30 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

or you could do situps while blogging.

 
At 12:14 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Did someone say six-pack? I think we've all had moments when we didn't want to run, but was glad we did it afterwards. Remember you're unique, just like the rest of us!!!

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

I am much more familiar withTHAT type of six pack!!!

 
At 5:12 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Six Pack and Twinikes.. I am there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home