Friday, March 02, 2007




HAVE I LOST IT?






Well, where to start?




I guess the best place is at the beginning, since that is where I am again, The Beginning. On October 22, 2006 the date of my first marathon I was a fit, lean machine. Nervous as a pimpled face kid on the first day of school, but ready none-the-less. Some 5 hours later I humbled my way across the finish line ready for my next challenge. Well, fast forward to today some 4 months later and I feel like such a loser!! I have run in week, no months. sure I'll get out here and there, but not like I should. I have gained all of the weight that I took off and running 4 miles is HARD!!


So having said that what do you think I do... right, sign up for a marathon that is 12 weeks away, what else!!! Bayshore here I come. I never said I was smart!! I have to tell ya I really really miss training. The sore legs, the ice baths, that feeling that you could run forever, Stony Creek, the TNT runners. So I am pretty excited about getting back into it. And hopefully come May 26th I will run my 2nd marathon, with a little courage, hope, and help I think I can make it.




R.P.D.




"Running is real and relatively simple - but it ain't easy." -Mark Will-Weber






5 Comments:

At 3:49 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Okay, who's the fat guy at the training runs? I'm from Missouri!!!! Show me.....

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Welcome back Bob! It will be great to have you out at Stony again.

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

finally, bob's emerged! you will be great!! thanks for coming back. the running world has been lonely without you.

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

show me!!! I hear ya Ken, talk is cheap!! If I can get work to cooperate I will make it to Stony, promise!! If not I'll have to take a day off here and there!

Thx Ken and Midge!!!

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Tim,
thanks for everything..


Dodge Park Tuesdays!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home