Thursday, November 30, 2006

GIVING, GIVING, AND MORE GIVING.....


Last night on 20/20 they were doing a report on donations and the effect it has on a person. I have to tell you I couldn't agree with them more. Giving just makes you feel good. The great thing is you get to help someone else too.
Warren Buffett is going to donate 37 billion, yes that's billion with a B. Most of which will be going to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Now since I don't have $37.00 to donate, let alone billions, I donate my time. I am willing to bet right here and now that I feel better then Mr. Buffett does. Helping to change someone's life through monetary means is one thing, but to actually see the people you are helping is completely different. And you know it doesn't take all that much time. Little things can make such a difference. Especially at this time of year, when everyone is shopping for the holidays. On your way into the mall take an extra second and wait for the person trailing behind you. Hold the door open for them and look at their face, you will instantly feel better and so will they. All it takes is a few seconds and you could change a life. It may sound like an over simplification, but you REALLY can change a life and the great thing is, that life could be yours!! Drop a dollar into the red kettle and if you can't, tell the person there Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, but make a point to say something. I never believed this before, but we really can change the world one person at a time and again the easiest place to start is that person in the mirror.


R.P.D.

P.S.
I need to start running again, it seems to inspire me to write and I miss my blog!!

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

The blog will keep you honest! The world is watching you.... Keep up the great work.

 
At 1:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to you?? come back! start posting again.

coach...i tend to agree with you on most occasions but i don't know about this whole blogging will keep you honest thing....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home