Friday, November 03, 2006



MAN I COULD USE A SMOKE!!!!!!


For some ungodly reason I woke up this morning absolutely craving a cigarette! The first hit, the rush of smoke into my lungs, the first long exhale. Yikes, it makes me want to scream!!! I decided the best therapy is writing, so here I am. The first thing I did was look up some pictures to go along with this post and wouldn't you know it I found one that reminded me why I quit. Even though you can't see much of it, look at the innocence in that face. So for now the craving is gone. For those of you trying to quit or who have quit and are struggling, remember the reasons!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
R.P.D.

P.S.
Have you ever gotten the feeling that you have made everyone around mad and you don't know why? It's really strange, but I feel like that right now. So, if I did and/or said anything please accept my apologies.

Have a great day!

3 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

hey, bob, you know i can relate to this. i have struggled with this many times before and have often given in. one of the things i wanted to put down on my birthday resolutions is to never ever ever ever indulge a craving ever again. i didn't write it down because honestly, i didn't have the guts to out myself. my reason right now kind of seems silly and vain but i'll say it anyhow. it's not about having healthier lungs, not contributing to the awful things that give people cancer (something we've worked so hard for with tnt) or not smelling bad. the reason is I WANT TO RUN A FASTER MARATHON.. i think you are like me, (and forgive me if i'm making assumptions). but we are both a bit emotional. i usually get a craving when something makes me upset, angry, sad. so i just thought i'd share that you are not alone, that you have to find a reason that matters: your children, erradicting cancer, or even something that might motivate a runner -- crossing the finish line in less time. don't give in!!!!! it's gross, it makes you smell bad, it is expensive. try to not be around people who smoke and sign up immediately for a race and start training.

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

NO SMOKING!!!

SMOKING BAD!!!!

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks for the help!!!! Running has definately been a motivator for me to stay smoke free.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home