Monday, September 25, 2006

WEEKLY UPDATE...


Boy, my running log has a lot of holes in it lately! One run last week, one or two the week before, and I have a marathon to do in less than a month. Boy oh boy!!!

Yesterday's run of 16 miles was by far the best long run I have ever done. Two things kept me from doing another 2 miles. First, I forgot my cho-pats (spelling) and my knees where barking at me pretty severely and second, the down pour that insued almost immediately after we finished 16. I actually ate well the day before my run and it helped! What do you know the coaches really do know what they are talking about! I ate two big bowls of pasta about an hour before bedtime, man what a difference.
Thanks to the Hanson's for putting on the run and laying out the course for us. Also thanks for the new shoes. I decided it was time to get a new pair for the marathon and decided to run in them yesterday. I split the miles in half and used the new pair for the second 8. They worked out really well and felt great. My old pair are Asics and they have been such a good shoe I decided to stick with them. My new pair are Asics cumulus, I'll keep you updated.

Short post today, sorry! The more I run the more I write.

R.P.D.

Anything with the power to make you laugh over 30 years later isn't a waste of time.
Stephen King

P.S.
I almost forgot to say Happy Birthday to my mom, Love you and thanks for being you!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Great job Bobby....I had a great time out there also. Get that checklist together for the marathon, you don't want to forget stuff on your big day.

 
At 11:55 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

i know, like someone who forgot their passport on the way to a marathon in vancouver...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home