Wednesday, September 13, 2006


NOTHING TO SAY...

As hard as I try to come up with something witty or humorous or even poignant I just can't. Writer's block sucks! I am glad I don't do this for a living, I would be in trouble!!!

It has been increasingly difficult to find the time to run lately. Because of this I have been focusing on my long run and if I get any other miles in it's a bonus. I did manage to get 3 miles in the rain last night thanks to my father-in-law. He watched my kids while I ran, what a guy! I know I have said it before, but there is something about running in the rain. If nothing else it makes me feel like a kid again.

Just 39 more days until my first marathon. I am about as excited about this as I have been for anything up to this point in my life. Mixed in with that feeling are a million other emotions. Talking to Margarita, my mentor, last night I discovered something. This marathon, this running, it is for ME. It is mine and I own it out right. Nobody can take it from even if they wanted to. I had a picture of the finish line in my head when I signed on for this adventure back in May. That picture has changed several times in the last four months, but the one constant... Me. I am the one crossing the finishline!! That's right, me!! All you nay Sayers out there here's a Bronx cheer just for you, PLUGHHHHHHH!!! For those people who have gone out of their way to make it difficult for me to get the miles in, and you know who you are, you can kiss my pale white ass!! So as I've said before if you want to come along for the ride, hop on, otherwise get out of the way. Because this train has too much momentum to stop now. Next stop San Francisco, October 22, 2006 at around noon. See ya at the finishline!!!

I guess I did have something to say after all. Happy hump day!!


R.P.D.

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. Socrates

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM , Blogger Al Durham said...

The nay sayers are simply bumps in the road that you end up running over on your way to the finish. I agree with what you said, either get on the train and support me or get off the tracks.

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Get some sun on that pale white a$$. You'll cross many finish lines in life. Whatever it takes, baby!

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

hey, thanks for the shout out!! i feel so privileged to be named in your post. did i say something to make you feel that!?? if it is, that's fantastic!! i'll take credit where i can!! honestly, this is going to be an awesome experience for you. i've been proud of you since the day you started this. your quitting smoking, the whole story about your daughter helping you out, and honestly, you've been so much help in terms of being a leader on our team. you really have to give yourself some props. supahstah!! i'm so proud of you. you are going to kick some booty, all colors of booty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home