Friday, August 11, 2006

SUB 9 MINUTE MILE.....







I know a lot of you are thinking, so! But for me it's a big deal!!! I went out yesterday with the intention of running a fast, for me!, 3 miles. Ended up doing 3.1 miles (according to google earth, 3.08) in 28:02. I was so happy!! Second mile was 8:46, Dude I was flyin'!!!!! Now for all of my coaches reading this, I am not going to run this fast all of the time and I will take it easy!!!! I just needed it yesterday!

As Saturday (Run thru Hell) approaches I find myself getting a wee bit nervous. It's not so much the run or the distance, but the fact that I am doing it by myself. Granted I will be with a lot of other runners, but you know what mean. I had a panic attack on the way into work this morning about the weather. "What if it rains", I thought. I don't have the clothes for running thru the mud!! My shoes will get trashed! WHATEVER!!!!

A good run in the rain would probably do me some good, cleanse the spirit and all that good stuff. The funny thing is I have no idea what the weather will be like tomorrow.

AND I DON'T CARE!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
R.P.D.

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Pablo Picasso

4 Comments:

At 12:46 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

You will do fine. Simply chat up some of the other runners at the start and through the race. You usually can find someone that is going close to your pace and buddy up with them to pull each other through. Good luck!

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Remember, you probably won't win the race and you won't come in last. Use this as a learning experience, take in all of the sites and sounds. Negative splits, start slow and relaxed.

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks guys!! I really am looking forward to it.

What are negative splits? Every mile gets faster?

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

yeah, what is a negative split??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home