Friday, July 21, 2006

THERE IS NO SPOON....



There is nothing that bothers me more than the neigh sayers. You know the type, people who don't even know you and already have you written off. Why are you running in a marathon? Aren't you too old? What a waste of time. You'll never be able to finish. Yada Yada Yada!!! Now I can understand people who are close to me at the beginning of this adventure being a little skeptical, but now after almost 3 months!!! I have a new answer to anybody, "you can come along for the ride or get out of my way!" I don't know why I let this bother me as it does! Most of my family and friends have really been supportive, but it's the fringe people who really have pissed me off lately. People who I hardly know who look at me when I tell them I am training for a marathon with that up and down scan like, you're going to run a marathon!! As they pump chips into their mouths with deadly speed! Ok, enough ranting, sorry!
The title of this post, in case you didn't know is from The Matrix and is one that I repeat when I am struggling with a run. It really works!
I decided to give my injured toe a try last night and ran a 10K with Beccah. The injury was never really an issue, although I could feel it, there was no pain. The rest of body seemed to compensate for it and I am paying this morning!!! My legs are much more stiff than normal and overall I am beat. It is a good pain however and I am glad I didn't take the easy way out! I am going to set a new milestone tomorrow with the 12 miler out at Stoney, 2 loops...woohoo!!! Hope to see ya there and remember......

You are "The One"


Some inspiration...
IT IS NOT THE CRITIC WHO COUNTS...THE CREDIT BELONGS TO THE MAN IN THE ARENA, WHOSE FACE IS MARRED BY DUST AND SWEAT AND BLOOD, WHO STRIVES VALIANTLY...AND WHO, AT WORST, IF HE FAILS, AT LEAST FAILS WHILE DARING GREATLY, SO THAT HIS PLACE SHALL NEVER BE WITH THOSE COLD AND TIMID SOULS WHO NEITHER KNOW VICTORY OR DEFEAT.Theodore Roosevelt

R.P.D.

7 Comments:

At 7:54 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

It's funny that we all go through similar emotions. When I did my first TNT event two years ago, my boyfriend at the time asked me "when are you going to quit, m?" He had a hard time following through with things so it was hard for him to understand why I would do something like this. It only fueled my desire to prove him wrong. I've come across more and more people like this now that I'm in my third event and it really serves as motivation to me. We're no slouches and yes, we can do it. Again and again and again.

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

hey! can you delete one of these!?? not sure why it showed up twice!!!

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

It is done!!!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

You’ll find that the longer you continue to run, your association with these individuals will cease. I have a whole new set of associates and most are active in something. It’s that same negative attitude that saps your energy. ‘Luke, come over to the dark side…..’

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

The Force is strong in this one!

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

I can totally relate to your post. When I started running a couple of years back people were like why do you do that? Then when I was training for my first marathon the real freinds showed their faces by being the true supporters. It is funny how some people can easly doubt you but they do not even have the courage to give it a try. Great quote also! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home