Tuesday, July 18, 2006


HEADACHES AND OLD FRIENDS......


First things first, thank you to everyone who came out last night and supported the TEAM at Amici's. The pizza was great and so was the company. I hope everyone made it home safely and dry (a few people rode their bikes).
And now on to the headache part of the story! There are a few things worse than the hangover headache, but not many. That pounding in the forehead saying, wake up you idiot! wake up! The sun, which normally is so nice to see, turns into God's flashlight shining accusingly in your eyes. Ah! what a feeling!
Enough of that! On to old friends...
It's such a cliche, but it is a small world. Who would have guessed that friends of mine would have invited friends who knew coach Ken and those friends were people who I knew and haven't seen in about 8 years. Not only was it great to catch up on things gone by (Don is still a madman and Linda is as bubbly as ever), but I am even more excited that Linda and her "Berkley Babes" will be running in the Crimm with me next month!!! Woohoo!!
The last time I saw Don and Linda was at our friend Kurt and Shelley's wedding in Vermont. Man that lobster was good, that was my first real live lobster bake, Mmmm good!
So not only is running good for my my body it is refreshing old friendships and renewing my spirit, how cool is that!!
Well it time to go get some coffee and a couple of aspirin and start the day. Bring on that flashlight, I need it to light my way!!!

Bob

I bet you didn't know....
Brazil got its name from the nut, not the other way around.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Bob, we had a great time and it is a small world when you really, really, really think about it.

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

sorry about your headache! i hope it's gone by now!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home