Wednesday, July 19, 2006



Thursday July 19, 2006.....

2 THINGS I LEARNED YESTERDAY....

After two days off I was ready to get back out running yesterday and I was really looking forward to the miles. I learned a couple of valuable lessons along the way. One I will talk about a little and the other not so much.
First things first, a full bowel is a great motivator, enough said. Second and more importantly, when in training for any running event it is important to be careful when walking around the house bare foot. We had just eaten dinner and the Tiger game came on so my oldest boy and I sat down to watch a bit before my run. On one of trips in and out of the family room I inadvertently kicked the leg of the sofa, breaking on of my toes!!! I guess it would be considered the "ring" toe. I knew right away it was bad so I did what any other sane person would do, put my running shoe on. My logic was that if it was going to swell I should get my shoe on ASAP so I could run. It worked, I didn't even feel it while running, but I had other issues I was dealing with in that arena, (see first point). Once I got home and took off my shoe is when the fun started. My toe was already purple and swollen. I immediately got some ice on it which helped the swelling somewhat, but then the throbbing started. You know that "every time your heartbeats it hurts" type of throbbing!! It's one thing to get an injury while running, but when something like this happens, GRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Stayed tuned more to come.....

Have a great day!!!!!

Bob

4 Comments:

At 8:24 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!! keep me posted!!!!!
:(

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Hey, what's wrong with purple??? You are an animal to still go out and run. Good thing you have four more to use. Don't take it lightly, you have an event to run.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks guys! Purple is Beccahs favorite color!!! I will take it easy, promise. If it feels okay I am going to give it try tonight, but we'll see.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

you're going to see a doctor, right??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home