Monday, July 24, 2006


BAD SPACE.....

For reasons that I won't get into right now I started my weekend off in a bad mood. I got maybe 3 1/2 hours of sleep Friday. Went to Stoney and did my 12 miles with the group, which I enjoyed a lot. Running always seems to take my mind off things. Special mention and thanks need to be given at this point to Tim C. and coach Janet both of whom helped me make it through that last mile. I ran the whole distance with either Tim or Janet and we talk about pretty much anything along the way until the last mile. Then the talk turns to visualization, technique, and fighting off that urge to stop. I can guarantee that if I were alone that run would have been shorter. Thank you so much!
The rest of Saturday was pretty much a wash, except for a short trip to the batting cages with Beccah. She just started playing slowpitch softball this year and loves it. She is so full of energy and is doing great defensively. The one thing she needs a ittle work on, however, is batting. She never swings, and when I say never I mean never! She has walked the last 14 or 15 time up (at least she wasn't getting struck out). It is really hard to find girls at that age (8-10) that can pitch. I digress, sorry, so we go to the cage and about half way through the bucket she makes contact and her eys lit up. From then on she hit 85 to 90% of the pitches, I was so happy for her. Her next game is tonight, keep your fingers crossed!!!
Yesterday I golfed in the K.E.T. outing with my wife. KET stands for Karen Elizabeth Taylor, my wife's sister who died in a car accident at 19 years old. We have held this outing every year since the accident and this was the first year that my wife did not run it. Well as I said me and my bad space did not golf very well and I made it misserable for my wife. Shame on me. This day is very important for her and I acted badly. Sorry! Speaking of golf, please don't forget about our TNT outing at Copper Hills on August 27. Please contact me for more info I promise to be in a better mood. When I get in these moods which happens more than I would like, I just feel like going away. I could just go to a cabin in the mountains somewhere in Alaska for a month when I feel this way and hybernate like a big bear!


R.P.D.


When elephants fight it is the grass that gets hurt!

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Dear Mr. Grinch-

Keep me posted on the golf couting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home