Tuesday, August 08, 2006


CRAZY RIDE.....


Man o man what a ride it's been lately! I am starting to have a hard time telling which way is up. It is Tuesday the 8th, recommitment day for my marathon. Those of you who don't know what that means, it is the day have to decide weather or not I am going to actually do this thing. And if I don't raise enough money I have to pay the balance for the trip. It is fitting that I choose this day to write because I need to recommit and refocus my efforts. It has been over a week since my last run. Ten days to be exact. The last thing I have wanted to do of late is get out there and run! All my energy is gone and my head is somewhere else. So tonight, come hell or high water I am RUNNING!!!

My wife decided not to come with me to San Francisco for my marathon. She feels it will put too much of a financial burden on us, and another burden we don't need right now. That makes me sad, but I understand. I just really wanted her to be there with and me. I guess I will have to run with my cell phone!!!

This weekend I am running in "The Run Thru Hell" which is a 10 mile race through Pinckney, MI. The race route goes right past my sister's house so I will get a chance to see her and my nieces and nephew. I haven't run in this race, but it's supposed to be hilly, which will help me prepare for San Fran.

Here's to a good run tonight and to all of you! I hope you have a GREAT day and remember...

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

R.P.D.

5 Comments:

At 8:59 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

hey dude, we can figure out a way to make it happen. just scan the web for cheap flights and stuff. it would be so nice for you to have her there. as far as the running, i think everyone knows about my very own peaks and valleys. i have struggled with this type of thing since vancouver. it's important to put in the miles. but it's also important at least in my view (coaches don't get mad at me!!) to take a couple of days off when your body is hurting. i pushed it like crazy in my first marathon and the result wasn't too good. but yes, get back out there. you'll be happy that you did. seriously, you're going to wonder what took you so long. run like the wind.

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Dude, I agree with MotownGirl where there’s a will there is a way. I remember hearing Gary DePauw speak at an informational meeting about him and his wife Ann being in a similar situation financially. They just put in the hand of the Lord and were able to accomplish the fundraising and the trip for Ann. Now the running is a different story, don’t be like MotownGirl. Some days you need to work on the mental side of running, those can be your best physical runs. None of us wants to run 365 days! Recommit not only to your event, but also yourself. Remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks for the pep talk!!

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Dude, you've been spammed............

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

MMMMMM SPAM!!!


Tim, I might just be there. I need to clear it with the tower!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home