Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I ACTUALLY RAN YESTERDAY.....



Well after a 10 day hiatus I managed to get 3 miles in yesterday and boy did it feel good! I was planning 6, but my route took me past my house and my wife was on the verge of a meltdown. We have 4 kids and one of the cousins stayed the night last night. Enough said! I was pretty surprised how sore my knees were when I started out. I haven't had any joint pain at all in my training(knocking on wood) , so I was a bit taken a back when both knees were sore. After a mile of two they loosened right up so I am not concerned, just surprised.

And now for something completely different...


Why do humans get stuck in a rut? Is it because we are lazy? Is it just routine? Is it an easier way to live? Why???

Have you ever noticed that with all of the technological advances to make life easier we actually have less free time????

There is nothing real about "Reality" TV.

If a bird farts in Alaska, gas prices will go up the next day in Michigan.

I have a necklace that I have only taken off once in 8 years...Is that gross???

Staring at a TV when it's off relaxes me more than when it's on.

Those little chlorine pucks that you can buy for your pool will stain the liner if you just throw them in the water.

Body Glide is wonderful

I like wonderful more than terrific.

craptastic is my favorite word, however!



Have a "wonderful" day!!!
R.P.D.


" Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it"
Ferris Bueller

3 Comments:

At 4:44 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

He's back! Don't worry about the knees, they were just telling you about the time off.

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

you ARE back! i forgot to check out your blog yesterday because you hadn't posted. this is a really good post. i'm not sure about the rut thing. it happens to me too. in fact, i was going through all my posts last night from way back in january and i noticed a definite up and down pattern. Lots of disappearings and suddenly, I'm back! posts. Maybe that's how we all are?? Don't know. that's interesting about staring at the tv when it's off. i'm going to try that.

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

also, read my April 16, 2006 post about self-sabotage. it might help explain at least one type of rut.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home