Tuesday, September 19, 2006

SATAN LIVES....IN MY HOUSE!

For the life of me I just can't figure it out. How someone can go from being your best friend and lover to someone who hates your guts in the blink of an eye. This is going to be somewhat of a personal venting session, so for those of you who find this type of thing as interesting as watching paint dry I apologize up front.
Now I understand all of the complex feelings and emotions that occur when one goes through a divorce. You see I have gone through this once already. The biggest difference is there were no children in my first marriage. Be that as it may, my future ex-wife, as I now refer to her, is being TOTALLY unreasonable and goes out of her way to make things difficult for me, especially where running is concerned. Quick example, she has, for sometime, gone to meetings on Monday and Weds. Those were "her" nights and nothing could sway her. So if I wanted to run I had to do it before she left or on another night. I re-arranged my schedule accordingly. Then out of the blue she decides to switch Mon with Tues. So again I switch to accommodate. Now since the fall season of soccer has started my daughter and step son both play on Monday. Beth and I meet at my daughters game and then Beth leaves and goes home. I stay with Beccah and watch her game. So last night after her game we got home at around 7:40 at which time "satan" says that she is going to a meeting. Of course Tuesdays are now meeting nights and I tell her I need to run. "I thought you didn't run on Monday" was her reply. To which some spirited banter ensued. The end result is I got my run in and she left when I got home, thankfully. So what I have decided is to take my running stuff to work and run before I get home, because I can't be sure that I will be able to any other way. Pretty stupid if you ask me, but it is what it is!!!
Sorry for the rant, but I feel better with that mess out of me. And my run last night, was one of the best ever. I was so mad that I don't even remember the first 2 miles and I felt like I could have run forever. I only did 5 miles, however, and was home in time to put my 2 oldest to bed.

R.P.D.

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep
her. Sacha Guitry

5 Comments:

At 9:33 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Anger can sometimes motivate in positve ways. Running can also be used to vent some of life frustrations. Only you can prevent forrest fires. I have spoken.

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

and I have listened!!

I need to tape her tyrades for motivational purposes!

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

seriously. i asked one of my friends to try to piss me off before runs because it motivated me to outrun him. ever since i said that though, he's been very nice to me. i have a little surprise for you on my blog. check it out.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

The coach is wise... Anger and sadness have made for some good runs for me. The runs may be tearful or you end up talking to yourself in rants but they are good runs.

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home