Thursday, September 14, 2006



MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....MAN AM I HUNGRY!!!


I have gotten my appetite back in a big way this past week. All of a sudden everything looks delicious!! There were a few bagels left over from meeting yesterday here at work so I toasted one up and added some cream cheese with chives, woohoo! I am thinking about getting a pizza tonight for the sole purpose of putting it in the fridge so I can have cold pizza in the morning. I had Pad Thai 2 days ago that I can still taste, in a good way!!! The problem, you ask... I haven't been running!!! With any luck, keeping my finger crossed, I will get at least 6 miles in tonight.


On a completely different subject, have you ever been caught completely off guard by someone? Yesterday at Beccah's Tang Soo Do class she was the only student. So her master, master Larry decided to do some promotion review with her. As I have mentioned before she is a yellow belt and is very into karate and wants to get her black belt in 4 or 5 years. There are forms and stances and movements that she does as part of her training. Some of them are fairly complicated, especially for a 9 yr old. So about 30 minutes into her training Master Larry asked her to do a movement that I won't even attempt to spell or describe. In a nut shell it has about 20 to 25 moves and you end up moving in the shape of a big letter H. Normally I take this time to relax and shut my eyes, but I know Beccah has had trouble with this movement in the past, so I took notice. She aced it!! She did every move without direction and when she finished I felt like crying!!! Her teacher was amazed and told her to try again only with less pauses in between moves. Damned if she didn't do it even better. It was one of those proud parent moments for me. You could see that sense of accomplishment on her face and she seemed to stand up just a bit straighter. I am so very happy for her. I asked her on the way home if she would like it if I trained with her and to my surprise she said yes. So next week I think I will sign up. Chuck Norris better watch out!


R.P.D.

Seek the lofty by reading, hearing and seeing great work at some moment every day.

Thornton Wilder

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Eat, drink and be happy!

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Pizza covers the major food groups and is best cold and served as breakfast the next day! I'm with you man.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

well, the last time i ran was tuesday. yikes. i'll have to go running tomorrow morning. if not, i'm in trouble. we're doing 18 this weekend, huh?? anyhow, that pizza looks good...

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Al Durham said...

That picture of pizza was not even fair. For some strange reason pizza use to be a weekly ritual for me but latley I have not had a craving for it till now. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home