Tuesday, October 03, 2006


T MINUS 19 DAYS AND COUNTING...


Well as of today I reached my fundraising goal of $3,600.00 and not a moment to soon, the money was due today!! Thank you to everybody that gave and to those of you that helped in other ways too numerous to mention here. A special thanks to my daughter Rebeccah and son Nate. They have been my training partners and water bearers!!! Without them I never would have made it this far.
This Saturday is the big 20 out at Nankin Mills Nature Center. There is usually a very big turn out for this as the Detroit Free Press marathoners use this as their long run as well. I am a bit nervous because I haven't been logging the miles I feel are necessary for me, but it is what it is!! And with only 19 days until the big event I need to prove to myself that I can do it, and I WILL!! When I think about my upcoming marathon I find myself quoting Morgan Freeman in The Shawshank Redemption when he is on the bus leaving for Mexico. He says, and I'll paraphrase, I find myself so excited it's hard to sit still, it is a excitement only a free man can feel. A free man... come October 22 at roughly 12:30pm PST I will be that and more.

R.P.D.

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."Doug Larson

8 Comments:

At 4:51 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

On the afternoon of October 22nd you will be a free man with medal, blanket, a victory pary to attend. Enjoy the experience and congradulations!

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

you rock dude!!! we are having beers and twinkies that afternoon! i'm buying.

 
At 6:44 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

lol!! To do List 10/22/06:

1. Get up and run marathon
2. meet Margarita for beer and twinkies
3. take a nap
4. go to celebration dance and boogie till dawn!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Ummmmmmmm... Beer and Twinkies I'm there. Leave your nerves at home. There's no prize money for Saturday's run. See ya out there.

 
At 11:26 AM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Can we have beer and twinkies after Saturdays run? Who wants to bring the twinkies and the beer? I will bring one or the other.

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

I could go for a beer or two, you know just to build those carbs back up!
I will bring a few along with me.

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Sounds good I will bring some twinkies.

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

CONGRATS ON JOINING THE 20 MILE CLUB!!!!!! PROUD AS PUNCH, BABEEEE!!!!!

HI FROM DC....I HAVEN'T RUN MUCH TODAY....BUT I'VE RUN ALL THE OTHER DAYS!!! DOES THAT COUNT??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home