Monday, November 13, 2006

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.....


Time to get back into the swing of things! Because of various reasons I haven't been running lately and boy do I miss it. So starting today I am re-committing myself to the task! It's time to bundle up and hit the road. As I have written in previous blogs I have been suffering from Nicotine cravings lately and I know they directly related to my lack of running and I will not give into the beast. Every part of me misses the miles, from my mind that get clogged with the daily junk mail it receives, to my body that needs to feel the ache of the day after a hard run. I really do miss that! It makes me feel alive.

I was thinking yesterday while driving how much life is like traffic. I will just touch a few points and save the details for a later blog. Have you ever noticed when you aren't in a hurry to get anywhere you get there much quicker. You make every green light, no traffic jams, accidents, but if you try to hurry because you're late or just impatient every possible thing goes wrong? Life is a lot like that I find. If you just take your time and let the natural order of things happen you get to where you want to go much quicker, but try to force it and before you know it you're mired down in quicksand.

Have you ever noticed when on a long drive you will pass and sometimes drive with another car, bus, or truck and not really pay too much attention to them. Then sometime later, after stopping for gas, restroom break, etc. You find yourself passing them again. Life is like that as well. Sometimes you have friends in your life that you just drive along with and then things happen that make it necessary for you to stop and they keep going. After a time you catch back up the them and realize how have stayed the same.

I just saw some friends that I haven't seen in close to 15 years and after a few minutes of catching up we were all right back where we were all those years ago. It is quite a comforting feeling. Even though I don't talk to them as often as I should, it's good to know that there are people out there driving along the same road as I am. Just in case I get a flat tire!

R.P.D.

"Just in case I don't see you in the morning here's a hug to start your day. I love you Daddy"

Rebeccah DeLisle

How cool is that!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Your daughter is amazing! What an awesome quote from her.

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

if you ever get a flat tire in ferndale or anywhere, really, give me a call!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home