Friday, November 10, 2006

BUSY WEEKEND, TURKEY TROT, CRAVINGS.....

How does it always work out that on weekends that I don't have to work I am the busiest? Just once in a while I would like to be able to relax, ya know!! Oh well, you know what hey say, idle hands are the devils workshop.

I signed up for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning today, woohoo! This is my first 10K race since the 80's, man I am getting old. The last 10K I ran in was down river in Allen Park. I don't have any lofty goals other than finishing in less than 60 minutes. I continue to get a kick out of the reaction I get from people when I tell them about races like this. "Why on earth do you want to get up so early and run in what will probably cold weather?" They wouldn't understand!!!

I am still getting some pretty severe craving on a daily basis. They don't seem to be getting any worse, but they aren't dimishing either. The only reason I can figure for this recent outbreak is the fact they I haven't been running as much. Running was a huge motivator for me when I quit, because I knew that if I smoked I wouldn't run, and I HAD to run.

Have a fantastic weekend!

R.P.D.

We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon. Emil Zatopek

I know this quote is a repeat, but it is a favorite of mine a seems to fit my mood right at the moment.

4 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

See you at the Turkey Trot. That quote is a good one and applies to all areas of life, not just running.

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Okay cravings....now is the time in your running life when we step up the intensity. We have to get rid of those cravings once and for all. A few speed sessions will kick those cravings to the curb.

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

nice quote but i don't know that i would win a 100 meter race.

on the cravings....sign up for another marathon, sign up for another marathon!!

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Al... See you inside of Cobo. I am praying for decent weather!

Ken...I haven't been running at all lately. Today is the day I get back into the swing of things. Thanks!!

Midge... I already did, one in May and one next December!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home