Friday, February 02, 2007


SOMETHING NEW......




Because of time constaints I found it necessary to try soemthing I have never done before. Run on a treadmill!! I had a board meeting for my local soccer association that was at our Community Center here in Warren. So for $5.00 and a little lesson in programming I was off!

A few observations... 6MPH on a treadmill seems awfully fast to me, or maybe I am just that far out of shape. 45 minutes on a treadmill is B O R I N G!!!!! and when you stop, the room starts!! This is something that needs to be shared!!! I almost passed out!! The treadmill stopped I got off to get a drink and the room was moving at 6 MPH. It took a good 30 seconds before the sensation went away. All in all the experience wasn't too bad, although I won't be trading in my road shoes any time soon. I do like the info provided by the treadmill, ie. calories burned, heart rate, mph., but can't you get that from a Garmin??

I have to admit that it felt very good to run again. 4 miles feels like a very long way, but with any luck my body will adjust quickly and I can get back up to speed!!

R.P.D.

5 Comments:

At 4:23 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Well glad to hear the treadmill treated you well. I know that "dreadmill" and I never get along. I can not last longer than 4 miles due to the bordem.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

The dreadmill seemed like a great choice compared to running out in sub-zero temps. It's a great way to use your running shorts in the wintertime. You'll be back in no time.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Beccahsmom said...

proud of you for getting back into running...Glad your head problems are gone..

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

dude, why aren't you posting???

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Faithful Soles said...

My 14 year old son who just did his second half-marathon paces himself pretty well. A few weeks ago we had bad storms so he went with me to the YMCA to run on the treadmill and he had never done it. He set it to his normal pace so he could run for an hour, and he was done in about 15 minutes. Like you, he said it seemed way too fast. Regardless, any run is better than no run. Good job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home