Monday, March 12, 2007

GOOD RACE, GREAT WEATHER AND COLD SHOULDERS...

Sunday I went to my first race since the marathon back in October. I honestly could not have asked for a better race to come back to. I met my team in front of Nemo's Bar and sent them on their way selling beads. You see the race was the Corktown St. Patrick's Day Parade and Races and we sold beads for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The gun went off and we were off. I almost started on a very bad note, you see I didn't know this was a gun start chip finish race so I figured we needed to run between the Start posts and just about got trampled trying to get there. This is the first time I have run through the streets of Detroit and it was very cool!! The buildings and city just looked different. My goal was to finish, which is sad considering it was just 4 miles, but it is what it is! Ended up finishing in 39.28, which I was very happy about. 10:04, 9:53, 9:44, 9:47. Got a couple of bananas and headed back to the bar. After a while of searching and 2 Bell's Porters. for the carbs mind you!!! I started to find the team and to my surprise they were out of beads. We really should have gotten more!!! Considering the weather was perfect, mid 50's and most of the people in attendance had already had a few beers in them, we could have sold twice as many as we did. Live and learn I guess!!

Hopefully my training will start in earnest now as I need to get my butt in gear for Bayshore!!
Thanks for stopping by...

R.P.D.

4 Comments:

At 4:52 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Yay!! Another post about running…. Glad to hear the bead selling was a success. Remember just as in running, you can take off cloths if you have on too many, but you can’t put on what you don’t have…. Now we need to see that smiling face at more group training runs.

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

hey!!!! you posted about running!!! (btw, coach what's wrong with not posting about running?? I've become quite the expert at it....as you know). anyhow, i had a very sad weekend. i was very very lonely. i think everyone was out and about enjoying the crazy good weather and i was at home, trying to not be sick!!!! argh. maybe i can join you all for a run....sometime....soon...

happy about your run. keep it up, will ya!!??

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Ran out of beads? That is awesome! Sounds like your team was able to rasie some money then. Great job on the race. See you at Stony.

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Ken...as soon as work cooperates, I'll be there!!
Margarita...hope you feel better soon!!!
Al...great job to you on the race as well. You're lookin fit and ready for a marathon!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home