Friday, March 23, 2007

TREADMILL VS. OUTSIDE

As many of you know, I say that like there are throngs of you reading this!!! I have not been putting in a lot of miles this winter. What running I have done has been dreadmill running. Well the weather is starting to break and I have actually gotten a few runs in in the great outdoors. I have noticed that when I run outside I am running about 30 secs. faster than I have been on the treadmill. This wouldn't be a concern except for the fact that I am having a hard time running the necessary miles because of fatigue, with the emphasis on fat!!
Is this something that you folks have experienced? If so do you know why this is?

Speaking of fat, why is it sooo easy to put in on and sooo hard to take it off?


Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic weekend!!
R.P.D.

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Okay, let me address the ‘fat’ issue first. What happens is it finds a home on your body that it really likes. Next thing you know it’s building an addition to the house. You can’t evict them because they’ve formed roots. The second part about running out of gas is easy! Find a street that has a moving belt running down the middle and do all of your training there… My job here is done!

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

i am familiar with breaks in running myself and the accumulation and loss of fat. you just have to keep at it no matter what. deep, huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home