Thursday, August 23, 2007

THE GODS ARE AGAINST ME....

Or maybe I am just cursed! I officially signed up for the Crim yesterday and almost immediately I got sick!!! Typical head cold, running nose, scratchy throat, watering eyes. ARGH! How am I supposed to run 10 miles Saturday with a head full of cold??!!??
I guess it could be worse, I could be way under trained and out of shape...oh wait a minute...

I also wanted to mention that this Sunday is the start of the "Binge". The binge is an annual golf outing I usually go on. It is called the binge for two reasons.. one...4 days of golf, 28 guys and a quick story. A few years back, actually more than a few, the 28 of us were in the hotel bar where we were staying that year and last call rolled around. The bartender told us that we could, if we wanted to, purchase beer to take with us!! A sort of carry out service. Well after some conversation he asked if we would like anything. 12 cases of beer later we were off to our rooms!!! I am relatively certain he still talks about us!!!! The other is Bingen is the last name of the 'chairman'. Drop the e and there ya go! Because of several reasons, not the least of which is financial, I am not going this year and I am starting feel sad. The same group of guys have been going now for 25 plus years and this is the only time I get to see some of them. Maybe next year!!

R.P.D.

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

This is just a test. Will you be able to push yourself when it appears that things are going against you? Plus we drink after the race, so you can ‘binge' in Flint.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home