Wednesday, August 15, 2007

MIDWEEK REPORT....

Writers block sucks!!!! Not sure how people who write for a living do it?!!?

Anyhow, training is what it is. Did some speed workouts yesterday and felt pretty good about it. We did 1mile, 1/2 mile, 1mile repeats with 660 jog rest in between. I was under 9 minute pace for all three, which is fast for me!! I also went out to Stony Creek last Saturday for my teams first group training. It was nice to see some new faces as well as the old ones, no offense Ken!!! For those of you not from around here, Stony Creek is a Metro Park here in Michigan. Metro parks are places set aside that have picnic areas, beaches, lakes, golf courses and yes running paths. They are maintained by the state and there is a small fee to use them. The "loop" at Stony is 6 miles and that is what i did on Saturday. Scary how hard 6 miles was, but I can feel progress and I am sure it would help if I was training on a regular basis!!! I may have mentioned it before, but I am not a patient man and this whole getting back into shape thing sucks!!!
As I said, however, it is what it is and every mile helps!!

Thanks for stopping in!
R.P.D.

3 Comments:

At 4:13 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

OLD! My face has a lot of character! Now you see why people try to stay in shape! It will get easier.

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Bob,those workout teams seem pretty decent. When I return from being away, I focus on small progress and try not to beat myself up for some lost ground. You'll exceed the fitness level you've reached in the past!

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

The loop and extra areas that you can do to extend the loop will get eaiser and easier.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home