Saturday, June 16, 2007

FREE...FREE...FREE!!!!!!


Well it has been a pretty slow week for me in the running department so I don't have much to say on that front. I do, however, want to say something about the word "free". No, not the free as in freedom, but free as in no cost. The other day, I think it was Wednesday, an insurance company decided as a promotion they would team up with a gas station and give away free gas. 10 gallons per customer until it was gone. Now with the price of gas today sounds great right? 6:30am is when this festival of generosity was to start and wouldn't you know it it is right on my way to work. After driving by the gas station that was surrounded by maybe 6 police cars (tax payer cost) I continued on my way to work, all be it very slowly because of the traffic back up. Which stretch for, this is what amazes me, 3 miles!! Plus another mile on two roads heading to the station from the other direction. I swear if i was to give away free bags of crap people would line up to get some. It is free after all!!!

I am the type of person who feels time is valuable, and sitting for 2 maybe 3 hours waiting for $30.00 worth of free gas is an unbelievable waste of that time. Even those people at the front of the line had to get there at 5am, if not sooner. I am not even going to get into all of the police that had to be involved directing traffic, even a mile away from the gas station. Or the people who were trying to pull out onto the street and couldn't because all of the people in line for gas had the intersections blocked and couldn't move. The thing that really amazed me was the people driving along with me who saw how long the line was and they still made a U turn and took their place at the end.

For those folks...just look for the sign "FREE BAGS O CRAP THIS WAY" I'll be the one selling lemonade for $1.00 a glass!!!


Have a great day!!

R.P.D.

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

hm. this is something that should have been in the paper.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home