Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Running...One year later

As per my last post a year ago April I quit smoking and a year ago yesterday I started running. So what a perfect time to begin again!
For reasons I won't bore you with I haven't been running, at all! Boy have I paid for it, I am back to my pre-running weight, plus a few pounds! I feel terrible, have no energy, and not very fun to be around. I figured my 1 year anniversary was a fine time to get it going once again, so I squeezed into some running clothes waited for the rain to stop, and waited, and waited. Then Beth, my wife, had to go out so I waited some more. All told I thing I sat around in my running clothes for about 3 hours. Trying all the while to convince myself that I could just start tomorrow, but at shortly after 9:00pm the planets aligned and walked out the door. Some 29 minutes and 3 miles later I was back and man it felt good.
As is always the case running clears the mind. It works wonders to wipe away the days events, which is one reason I like running at night instead of the morning. One thing I decided to do is before and after photos. I have 220 (coincidentally how much I weigh now!!!) days until my next Marathon and I always wanted to document the change. Another thing that I am going to do is, once a week I am going to take a photo of my face and post it here, by Dec. I should have a nice progression series. So look for that starting tomorrow!
So with that I am out of here! See ya tomorrow!

R.P.D.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

get crackin!!!! good to see you running again!! now i'm waiting for those pictures of your face....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home