Thursday, May 10, 2007

SPEED TRAINING WITH THE HANSON'S


NO!!!! Not these guys, Hanson's Run shop puts on a training run every Tuesday at Dodge Park in Sterling heights. So I figured I would give it a shot. According to Tim, who I went there with, in the summer there are aprox. 70 to 80 people there on any given Tuesday!!!
I won't bore you with the details, but it is a great way to get miles in. Not only because you are in a group, but because of the way running splits builds up the mileage.
As far as the run itself I am woefully out of shape, but I don't think it will take long to back into the swing of things, knock on wood. I was still feeling the effects of my bout with food poisoning last week and drank copious amounts of water which caused a little discomfort, but I needed it. I think we ended up running just under 4 miles. My next race although I haven't officially signed up is the Karmano's 5K on June 16th. For anyone who reads this and is going to Bayshore, good luck and have fun. Al, good luck on your sub 4, you know you can do it!!!
The picture I talked about has been taken, I just haven't had time to post it.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!
R.P.D.

4 Comments:

At 2:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Now I have to make it to a Tuesday session!! Don't slack on the picture thing, that should be fun.

TNT Coach Ken

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

way to go!!!! i might even go for a run soon! thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

I should be making apperanaces on Tuesdays after Bayshore. Thanks for the luck and good luck in the 5K.

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

how's the running coming along??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home