Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I....

Simply put I am not ready. I have not put in the necessary miles. Ready for what you might ask? The Crim...
The Crim is a 10 mile race here in Michigan and it was my first "big" event last year. Last year I had a terrible week heading into the race. I lost almost 10 pounds and did not eat for the better part of a week before the race. Needless to say I did not fare well and finished just shy of 2 hours. That being said I felt more prepared last year than I do now.
I have only one double digit run in..THIS YEAR!!!!
If I get 15 miles in a week I am doing good.
I am heavier by almost 15 pounds than last year...
But as I write this I have decided to do it, why??? Not entirely sure. I think it has to do with getting the bad taste out of my mouth from last year. As I finished last year's race I was physically and mentally spent. More so than any other race, including my marathon.

So preparation be damned!!!! But if you see me...give us a push I may need it!!!

R.P.D.

5 Comments:

At 9:46 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

That's the attitude that I love to see! You're an athlete. You can do it, Water boy. I'm bringing my cattle prod, just in case you need a push.

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

mooooooooo!!!

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

How can you pass up the beer and doughnuts around mile 4? That is what I call an aid station! Good luck!

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Al,
Believe it or not the guys passing out cans of beer WAS on my mind!!!

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger Beccahsmom said...

Honey! I'll give ya a little push..BEAT IT!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home