Friday, November 16, 2007

TGIF....

So it is Friday, the end of another week and all that much closer to the marathon. I am sitting here wondering what I should have for lunch and dinner that will help me in my long run tomorrow wishing the day was over.
I got 2 runs in this week. 5.6 miles and 4.5 miles the latter on a treadmill. Pace was 9:15 to 9:20. My scheduled run for tomorrow is 20 miles, but I am only doing 16. Did I really just say that I am only running 16 miles?

Something on the top of my brain (after reading Bill's blog).. my weight. I have always been kind of big. In the summer between 7th and 8th grade I grew 7 inches and put on about 25 lbs. So at age 13 I was 6'1" tall and almost 210 lbs. 29 years later and I am 6 foot(shrank an inch) and 210 lbs, albeit distributed a bit differently. Last summer while training for my first marathon I was 197 lbs. During a very lazy winter, where I still ate as though I was training for a marathon, I put the weight back on and it just won't come off. It is a little frustrating and carrying around the extra baggage takes it's toll. My goal is 185, not by Honolulu, but in general. I would, however, like to get down to 200 by December. I am not a dieter, but I don't eat fast food, sweets, etc. Short of a serious increase in miles I am not sure if 185 is doable and/or maintainable. I guess only time will tell.
Time to recommit myself. No more excuses! Put up or shut up! Tomorrow I have 16 miles to run and come hell or high water I have 26.2 to do on December 9th....
Nothing but a step for a stepper!!!!

R.P.D.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

I still think you are going to do just fine. But that run tomorrow is a very important one for you both physically and mentally. You just have to get through that long run. It doesn't by any means matter how fast or if you run the whole time, just that you put in the miles. Don't obsess about the weight too much. It helps to carrry a little less, but if you really push it you will put yourself at risk for a cold and that would certainly hurt as you make this last training push.
Good luck.

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks Bill,
With the help of Tim, one of my training friends and avid readers the 16 miler went great. Felt strong the whole run except for miles 13 and 14.
We did 7 miles of trails through the woods at Stony. Many, many thanks to Tim. I couldn't have done without ya!!

P.S.
Down to 206 after the run today!!HAHAHA!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home