Monday, October 15, 2007

ANOTHER WEEK CLOSER...

12 miles
1:56:36
9:43 pace

It always scares me a little how fast the weeks, months, even years fly by. My step son will be 13 in December, my youngest just turned 3 and Honolulu is less than 2 months away!!!
The run Saturday, detailed above, went fairly well. I ran with 3 other people and we set out to maintain a 10 minute pace, which was fine with me I wanted to experiment with my pace. 1st mile was 10:14, then 10:05, 9:50, 9:45.... I can't remember the next 2 miles as my watch deleted my workout shortly after I finished. After the first 6 miles I lost my running partners. A quick Gu and I was off. I felt strong so I decided to pick it up a little and finished the second 6 miles in 56 and change. My slowest mile being 9:50 and my fastest was 9:01.
The best thing to come out of the run was I think I may have worked out me dilemma in regards to speed vs. pace. Starting out a slower pace and maintaining it for a few miles eliminated the usual aches and pains I have been feeling when I try to slow down and it allowed me to increase the pace later on in the run. I will try to maintain 9:40 pace through out the week and then decrease that to 10:00 on my longer run. If I can do that I should be able to break 4:30.

Sorry for the boring blogs lately, training has been weighing heavily on my mind lately. So my blogs have tended to be recaps of runs.

R.P.D.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Good run Bob! Remember it is all about pace. The speed will come. Conserve your energy and speed up during the last 6 miles of the marathon.

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Boy George, I think he’s got it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home