Monday, September 17, 2007

BRRRRRRRR...

09.15.07 11 miles 1:48:15

Woke up Saturday morning and got dressed for the weeks long run walked out the door and immediately turned around. Shorts were not going to be an option, unless they were over a pair of tights. So after I was dressed properly off I went.
I had it in my head that I needed to do over 10 miles. I've run a few 10 milers since last October, but nothing farther than that, so mentally I had to do it. All in all it was a great run, the weather ended up being perfect for running, once you got moving. We had a relatively large group doing anywhere from 6 to 18 miles so paths crossed often. We didn't do the trails I was looking forward to because the one person who knows the way has an injury and we didn't want to chance getting lost. Hopefully next time, get well Anika!
I did the last 2 miles on my own and I really think the speed/strength training is paying off. I felt tired, but finished strong and mile 11 was my fastest mile. Last week was a good week for me getting in over 25 miles for the first time this year, hopefully I can continue getting the miles in, my body is starting to crave it again!WOOHOOO!!!!!

Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!!!

R.P.D.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Glad to hear you had a great, long run. It is this one type of run(as you know) that is so crucial to having a great marathon experience in a few months. It was a little chilly wasn't it?? I was up in West Branch and on Sunday morning it was 41 when I went out. Brrrrrr. Anyway, congrats on the run and congrats on the craving. The human body is one amazing machine.

Bill

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks Bill! If I could just shed the few extra pounds still lingering around my waistline from a winter of no training. More mile more miles more miles!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home