Wednesday, August 29, 2007

NOT A PATIENT MAN....

One of my biggest character defects is lack of patience. Not only with others, but with myself. I had a really good speed workout yesterday, but I left feeling frustrated with my time. We did 3 one mile repeats...8.29 8.50 9.13 So about 9 minute average. Which was my target so in that respect I was happy. That is the problem, I want to be faster!! NOW!! Now I understand it is unrealistic to think I can just go out and run 7 minute pace, but increasing by 10 seconds here and there is maddening. Was in the band Queen that said "I want it all, I want it now!"
Other than just running faster I don't know what to do. I need to lose some more weight I know that will help, but again a pound here, a pound there. It sure didn't take this long to put the weight on!!! My body seems to like the speed, but my lungs will not cooperate. I guess 15 years of smoking will do that a person. The speed work on Tuesday helps and I know it will start to happen. I will all of sudden see the weight loss and my time will creep down, but I aint getting any younger!!!
Just a short rant by a grey haired dad with a big belly!!

R.P.D.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

LOL, big daddy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home