Thursday, September 06, 2007

SMELL THAT?...

That is new shoe smell! I decided to stay with what works and got another pair of Asics Cumulus. The guys at Hanson's Running Shop as usual were very helpful. I asked to try on several different makes that were similar to the Asics when he asked why, don't like the cumulus? I said, actually I love them. Then why do you want to switch, he said! DUH!!!!

Good point and good shoes. The only down side was by the time I got home it was too late to run so I will try and put a few miles on them tonight after my team in training meeting.

Speaking of running, I am getting that feeling back. It has taken some time, but it is back. That if I don't run I am going to explode feeling. That excitement about my next 3 miler around the neighborhood that I have done hundreds of times before, ok maybe not hundreds, but you know...

After my hiatus this past winter it was a struggle to get out the door. There was always something holding me back. Something better to do. Even though I am not putting in anywhere near the miles I need to I am running regularly, but more importantly I am always thinking about it. How can I get faster, run longer, what kind of new gel should I try, how far tonight?

If I could only put that type of thought and energy into things around the house, right sweetheart??!??

R.P.D.

6 Comments:

At 10:26 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

That is what I'm talking about. You have certainly found the joy in your running and it is that feeling of anticipation about the next run that is such a great thing. A new pair of shoes never hurts either. I think the Hansons are just great people. They support running in a way that I think is much moe altruistic than the average big business.
Great luck wwith your running and enjoy those new shoes.
Bill

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Stop calling me sweetheart! Keep that feeling because the days are getting shorter.

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

HAHAHA!! Ken
days can get shorter... I run at night!!!

Thanks Bill.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Run at night. It is like you are running on a new path. Things look a lot different in the dark.

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger RunToTheFinish said...

Oh there is nothing like new shoes to get me all excited about running. I think I always imagine they'll make me faster just by being new and cushy...even though they don't I enjoy the feeling!

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger Beccahsmom said...

If only we had the energy to put into the not so exciting things...lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home