Friday, September 14, 2007

MID LIFE CRISIS.....

What exactly is a mid-life crisis? The urge to go out and buy a sports car? Change your hair style? Start running to beat the reaper? I am not sure, but am sure of one thing, I am tired of working in my industry in the current economy. It really sucks to be in Michigan right now if you work in the automotive industry. I work for a Tier1 Tool and Die Manufacturer as a CNC/Wire EDM operator programmer and it is S-L-O-W!!!!
I can't remember the last new job that I have worked on and it is becoming harder and harder to make ends meet!

A little bio... I was one of those students who never had to study, school was always easy. At the same time I was never one to apply myself and getting through was my goal not excelling. When the time came and I finished high school I figured I would take some time off and start college in a year or two. After all I was making more money then I would after 4 years of school so what was the rush? Well needless to say I never went back, oh sure a class here and there, but nothing serious.
24 years and a wife and four kids and bills up to my eyeballs here I am. Feeling trapped in a dead end job that I think will probably not exist in 5 to 10 years. So what to do, what to do???? Being that I am in my early 40's my options are limited.

Just somethng that has been rolling around in my head lately that I needed to get out. Oh by the way I ran for the 3rd day in a row yesterday, 3.1 miles 29:38. woohoo!!!!

R.P.D.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Look at you Speedy... great run and congrats. As you know, I also live in MI and it is a little scary. I do know that our economy will come back and I still think MI is a great place to live. If I were you, I would at least consider a job search, kind of on the down low. You wouldn't really want anyone at work to know about it (although many of them are already looking), but see if there is a better job or more stable job with the Toyota, Honda, etcs of the world. Maybe I am being totally naive about the prospects, but even in the worst cases you need to at least try.

Just my thoughts and don't know if I've helped at all, but best of luck.

Did you take those shoes back??

Bill

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

thanks Bill. I have considered doing just that, but right now the job market is terrible. I did not take the shoes back because they wouldn't give me full credit. I sent the owner an email and have yet to hear anything.

thanks again for the input!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home