Monday, September 10, 2007

LESSON LEARNED....

So I was excited about running in my new shoes Saturday and WHAM!!! First things first... It seems as though every time I get fired up about running, training, the miles, etc. I get blind sided and can't or don't run. I only ran twice last week because of time issues, can't keep that up and hope to finish in December!! These things happen and I'll find some way to squeeze more runs into my week.
Ok back to the shoes, I just got my new Asics on Weds. as mentioned, but they didn't have my size in the width I needed so I went with a half size smaller. I figured the width (4E) was more important than the 1/2 size difference. Well I was wrong!! I did 6 miles on Saturday and my feet were killing me by mile 3. Not to mention the unusual aching in my ankle!! The shoes are the same model that I have been running in so the way I see it the size difference is the problem. I checked into it and Asics made no changes, structurally to the shoe. I will be going to exchange them for the correct size today and with any luck, knocking on wood, I will be back in business.

Thanks for stopping in...
R.P.D.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care what Asics says, they HAVE changed something in their shoe design in the last year. Both the Gel Kayano and the 2120s I have purchased in the last 6 months don't feel the same as my 2110s did. There is something different about the midsole that has left me with a painful "bruise" on the outside of my instep. it feels like the heel cup is thicker in that area or there isn't as much padding there or something. It's uncomfortable enough that... dare I say it without offending the gods... I am thinking about trying a different shoe next time (ducks and runs from expected lightning bolt). All I can say is that it does eventually get worn in and feels better after about 30 miles...

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

That is good to know.
The funny thing is..I was going to try some different shoes on, but the guy said if you like them why switch, sounded good at the time. I might just have to switch...more to come

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

I can’t believe that you never heard the expression, ‘…size matters’! Were you asleep at the footwear clinic? Okay, get the right size and hopefully you’ll be back on the good foot……

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Sorry to hear about the shoe problems... I am a big fan of Asics and have worn them for years. You will be off and running (pun intended) when you get the correct size. We runners get excited about new shoes, that is just the way it is.
Best of luck,
Bill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home