Monday, September 24, 2007

NERVES????ALREADY....

I followed one of my best weeks of training up with the worst this past week. I only ran twice and a strange feeling of dread came over me.
It's not so much that I don't think I can finish the marathon in December, but I don't want to just finish! Whenever I think I finally am on the right track with my training life throws me a curve ball and I have a "I didn't have any time to run" week. To add to my angst we are having some major issues with Beccah and her behavior and I am stressed about that. AND most of my running buddies have begun their tapers, so I have a feeling that a lot of my miles are going to be solo. AND my fundraising is going a lot slower than I had hoped, so there that added stress, oh AND then there is work which has been very very slow for months now and for some reason I now report to a different supervisor which makes me very happy (insert sarcasm here). I am this close to looking for work in a different state!
I think part of my problem is I know what is coming this time around, not that there won't or haven't been suprises, but I am afraid I am not going to be prepared. Ok enough complaining!!!

I know the answers are right there in front of me and I just need to chase them down.

R.P.D.

P.S.
6 miles on Saturday 57:04...not much of a long run eh?

5 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

You just have to hang in there. Both life and running certainly have their share of ups and downs.. and I can certainly relate. In regard to work, things sure are a little bumpy here in Michigan. But you have to believe that they will get better and if not we take our very marketable skills and experience and move where we are needed. I still think Michigan will be fine long run...the question is how long. Hang in there on the running. You've done some solid work and 1 or 2 missed or bad workouts won't hurt your long term plan. The race is still a long way off.

Regards,
Bill

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks Bill! The whole situation with GM is got me really concerned. About 98% of my company's business comes from GM. So a prolonged strike could be disasterous. One day at a time!!!

As far as running is concerned, I just flat out feel better when I run and on those weeks where I don't I get down on myself. One good run this week and my head will back on straight!!
Thanks again,
Bob

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

I agree with Bill regarding the running, the other part is really iffy in Michigan! I always use those bad days to remind me why I love running so much. The bad really makes you appreciate the good days. Some days just go for a really short distance, just to finish feeling good.

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

thanks Ken.
I hope recovery is coming along for you. I am really going to need some good days. I just got laid off because of the GM strike!!! Lot o time for running now!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about you getting laid off. I hope this stirke ends soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home