Wednesday, December 05, 2007

FINAL COUNTDOWN...

Toothbrush.....check
bodyglide........check
running shoes....check
shorts, socks, hat, nerves.....check
I am officially ready to go. Mentally that is. Physically we'll see. This will be my last post before my 2nd marathon and I have to tell ya it couldn't come at a better time. Not only because I get to leave the 20 degree temps of Michigan to go to Hawaii, but I need the break mentally.
I have a plan, I have a target, I have a goal. And if I don't meet any of them I have a back up!

THE PLAN.....to start slowly, real slow and stay slow for no less than 6 miles.
THE TARGET....4:30:00, by starting slow 10:30 or slower I am hoping to have enough reserves in the tank to make catch the 4:30 pace group at the end.
THE GOAL....4:28:24 this is exactly 1 hour faster than my previous marathon.

THE BACKUP....have fun with it. I am so not going to stress if any of the above do not happen. I am only going to be there for a short time and may never get a chance to go back, so I am there to enjoy myself 1st, run a marathon 2nd. Everything else is gravy.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me get to where I am. The team, Tim, Ken, Dana, Sandy, Anika, to name only a few. The family, Nate, Jack, Chloe and Beth. To my fellow bloggers like Bill, Al, Dabigleap, Greatlakesrunnergirl who inspire me to run farther and faster.

And last of all to Beccah, my daughter. As I have said before and will again. If not for her I would not be sitting here writing this. I love her very, very much.

Thank you for stopping by,
R.P.D.

5 Comments:

At 1:37 PM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

I hope you have a great time and enjoy the experience of finishing the marathon. No matter what the time, it is the completion of 26.2 that really matters. There are no losers when it comes to the marathon.. we are all changed in ways that our non running friends could never imagine.
Sending you good vibes from snowy Michigan.

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Bob, have a great time and maybe go with Plan B first! Take a ton of pictures and get laid!

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks Bill...you are an inspiration and I have lofty hopes to one day to be ALMOST as fast as you.
Ken...too funny! Hopefully you don't want pictures of me getting..oh nevermind!!!

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger TBCoyne said...

Great plans for the marathon, Bob! Relax, take it all in and enjoy, and you will indeed finish what you started!

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Al Durham said...

Great job on your 2nd marathon finish. Great time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home