Monday, November 19, 2007

16 miler...

16 miles....2:46:27...

Overall run better than I could have hoped. The morning was cool, but not cold with virtually no wind. Decided to give the trails a try at my usual Saturday morning running locale. After about 5 miles in the woods I developed an issue with my running tights. I didn't really notice until I stopped to have a Gu. Oy, it was rather uncomfortable to say the least. Luckily it didn't get any worse throughout the rest of the run. Back out on the main loop after 7 miles in the woods we had just about 2 miles to go to the water stop and there we ran into a couple of our fellow TNT'rs. The next 3 miles is a boring out and back to the nature center that I usually dread. Saturday it went by nice and quick and before we knew it we were back at the water break again. 2.5 more to go. Even though the nature center miles went by quickly I was beginning to feel the miles and from 12 to 14 the chafe was back. I just wanted to be finished by this point. Something clicked in and the last 2 miles, although I didn't time them, were the fastest of the day.
Special thanks to Tim, who ran with me. Most of you know how much easier it is to run with someone and I am fairly positive I wouldn't have made it without his help. I do feel a little better mentally about December, but I still need a few more runs like this weekend before I start my taper.

Thanks for stopping by,
R.P.D.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

I thought tights would prevent that type of stuff? It must be the bulging muscles, ha! I looked for you guys but we were only doing 4 miles. You're going to do great.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Never had an issue with them before Saturday. It worked out that we did the trails, the nature center and finished the loop for 16. Sorry I missed you and the new team.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home