Tuesday, January 08, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCAH....

A WHITE ROSE FOR YOU...
The light of my life, my oldest daughter Beccah birthday is tomorrow. It is hard for me to believe she is going to be 11 years old. Most everybody that visits my blog knows the story about how Beccah told me that we should hang out all day together, that way I wouldn't smoke for at least that day because I didn't like to smoke in front of her. Well one year, nine months and five days later I am still smoke free and it is all because of my little girl.
We are going through some trying times right now and between working ungodly hours and trying to maintain some sort of normalcy around my house I loose sight of just how special she and my other kids are. Every now and again...more now than again the kids will do something that makes you understand how a person's heart can walk around outside of your body!
Sometimes it is as simple as laughter in the bath tub or slurping up spaghetti noodles at the dinner table. Then there are the time where I swear I can't love them anymore than I do...until the next time. Nothing feels better than walking in the door after a long day and being tackled by a 4 and a 3 year old screaming DADDY!!!! We missed you!!! Or playing catch in the basement on a cold winter day, making easy bake cakes, double piggy back rides to bed or one of my favorites, watching a movie surrounded by my kids.
So on this the eve of Rebeccah's 11th birthday I want to say thanks to her. For not only being my inspiration to get healthy, but for simply being her. For always and forever my baby she will be.

R.P.D.

P.S.
3 miles yesterday...26:50...tried and succeeded in maintaining sub 9 minute pace.

5 Comments:

At 2:28 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Great post Dad!

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Thanks Ken...how's the stony crew getting along without me?

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Hey, we're waiting on you to show the newbies a thing or two. You're welcome to come out and run with the team anytime.

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

LOL!!! Tell my boss that! Been on overdrive since Hawaii!! I hope to make it out there soon. In the mean time keep on keepin on!

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

In a crazy world like the one we live in, family is everything. They can makes us laugh along with the occasional cry, but they always make us FEEL. Just as lucky as you are to have Beccah, she is truly blessed to have such a loving father.

Best wishes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home