Friday, January 18, 2008

ONE IS THE LONELIEST NUMBER...

As in one run this week!!! First time in a very long time running without a watch, although I did have my cell phone clock, so I know the approximate time. Which leads me to a question....

Is everyone else time obsessed or is it just me? Way back when in '06 I was just happy to have have made it back home without having a heart attack. Now if I don't have negative splits and sub 9 minute miles I am frustrated. I feel like the ground will open up and Satan herself will come out of the hole in the earth and ask me why do you even bother.

But in all seriousness it was a refreshing change to run without knowing. It was the first time my step son, who is 13, watched the little ones for me while I ran. Because of this I was a little nervous about being gone, hence the cell phone. So I realized a few minutes in that I was much faster than normal, but it felt good. there is something about working up a sweat when it is 30 degrees out! So around 26 minutes later I made it back home, happy to see nobody even realized I'd left!!! Funny how fast kids grow up!

Bottom line is I ran. I ran when it was inconvenient for me to do so, when it was cold outside, when it would have been so easy to shower and get into some comfy clothes and hang out with the kids. Thinking back on it as I do with almost every run. I felt so much better!!!! There is nothing I can do for only 26 minutes that makes me feel so refreshed and renewed like running does.

Thanks for stopping in,
R.P.D.

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of.
~ Benjamin Franklin

4 Comments:

At 5:23 PM , Blogger TNTcoach Ken said...

Satan is a woman? That explains an awful lot, Thanks for the knowledge BOB!

 
At 7:34 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

Glad to be of service!!! And yes she is!!! LOL!!!!

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

It doesn't take long to get your mind of things and go to that place that only running can take us. Glad to hear you got out there and took some time to yourself.

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger beccahsdad said...

thx Bill...if I ever need a kick in the butt I just go and look at the miles you put in!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home