Monday, June 16, 2008

I was tagged by coach Ken.

Here are the rules as explained to me.Copy the rules (or your version of them) and the set of questions onto your blog post, provide your own answers and then tag 5 new people. If tagged, you’ll find your name at the end of this post.To be sure everyone tagged knows they’ve been invited to play, go to their blogs and leave them a comment notifying and referring them to your blog for details.Lastly, once the chosen have answered the questions on their own blog, they should come back to yours to tell you.

Here are my responses.



1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

Ten years ago the only running I was doing was to the smoke shop.



2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

My best race was Nike '06, I think partly because it was my first marathon. I still remember every last detail about that day. The worst has to be the Crim that same year. Leading up to that race I had a miserable week and at mile 2 I was already done both physically and mentally.



3. Why do you run?

I started running shortly after I quit smoking. I felt myself getting fat and did not want to be one of those huge ex smokers!! After barely making back to the house after 1 1/2 miles the couch was looking pretty good, but one week later I was signed up for marathon number one...the rest is history.



4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you’ve been given about running?

Best...finish what you started!!! Worst....I honestly can't think of anything.



5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.

my middle name is Pierre.



Who I am tagging....

Marathondudebill

Dabigleap

Motownrunnergirl

Gr8lakesrunninggal

Amy @ Runners lounge

4 Comments:

At 9:20 AM , Blogger Motownrunner said...

Pierre!@!?? Really!?? I wish I had a middle name...I am jealous. I loved reading your answers. Can identify.

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger L*I*S*A said...

Thanks for the tag...I already answered the questions, though. It's a few posts down on my page. :)

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Great post and congrats to you on making such a life changing move. Both quiting smoking and taking up running are going to have you living a long time.

Best of luck with all the running.

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Tom@RunnersLounge said...

These are all interesting responses. Comebacks like yours from smoking to experienced runner are impressive.

Thanks. I always enjoy reading your posts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home